ATF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TESTS FROM 17/02/2020
Bookings and Payments:
By booking a test with us, you are agreeing to be bound by all our Terms and Conditions, as outlined below.
- All tests & re-tests must be paid for at point of booking.
- Payments can be made by credit/debit card or BACS. Cheques cannot be accepted. For non-prefunded accounts, the vehicle class must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- We also have a pre-funded account facility, which we recommend for fleet operators. Please ask for details or see our website.
In the event of a cancellation:
If ten or more clear working days’ notice is given: A full refund will be given.
If less than 10 clear working days’ notice is given: A full charge of the test slot will be made. No refund will be given.
Bookings are not transferrable.
- Loadings: HGVs should be loaded before presenting for test. The load required is 65% of the design axel weight. Please be aware that Thames Valley ATF Centre does not have the facilities to load a vehicle, therefore failure to properly load a vehicle will likely result in test refusal.
- Petrol: We are not able to test Petrol-powered vehicles at the ATF.
- Trailers: We are able to test first time trailers. An application form must be obtained from the DVSA website and submitted to DVSA Swansea.
- Dimensions: The normal maximum length of vehicle combination is 16.5 meters (54 ft.). Certain draw-bar trailer combinations over 16.5 meters in length can be tested by splitting, testing and then re-connecting. This must be stated on booking. The height of the ATF test lane is 4.8m (15.7ft) Double deck trailers sadly will not fit in our test lane.
On Test Day:
All vehicles must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the test and vacate the site no later than 15 minutes after your test has been completed. All company Health & Safety regulations must be adhered to at all times whilst on site, as outlined on the information boards and notices around the site
To ensure your test runs smoothly please make sure that your vehicle is correctly presented for the test. All the correct documentation must be presented. Please note the DVSA tester has the right to refuse to test due to the presentation of the vehicle or incorrect documentation. Should this occur, no refund will be made.
When driving in the yard, the 5mph speed limit must be observed. Drivers must remain in their cabs at all times unless requested. If a driver is asked to leave their cab, Hi-Visibility clothing must be worn at all times. Smoking is not permitted on the premises. Please take the utmost care when walking around the premises. If you are requested to leave the cab, please stick to the designated walkways. If unsure where to walk, please ask.
In the event of a continuous fire alarm sounding, please accompany the DVSA tester and walk (don’t run) to the assembly point, which is normally by the main entrance gate.
Please note that test times may vary. You will receive an e-mail confirmation which will show the exact time(s) and date(s) of your booking(s). In some cases, due to DVSA or Thames Valley ATF Centre resources, this may have been altered. Please read this e-mail carefully and if you have any query, please contact us prior to your test day. In exceptional cases where a test date has to be changed (e.g. equipment failure), we will contact you immediately. We are not liable for any failure to operate the ATF for any reason which is beyond our control or for any consequential loss arising as a result of this.
If you have any queries regarding bookings, please telephone Thames Valley ATF Centre on 01184676406. If your query relates to the payment of invoices, please phone our Accounts Department on 01184676417.